Welcome to The Friday Face-Off, a new weekly meme here at Books by Proxy. Join me every Friday as I pit cover against cover, and publisher against publisher, to find the best artwork in our literary universe.
| The Friday Face-Off – A Weekly Meme |
From Friday 11th March, The Friday Face-Off will become a weekly meme; the only difference to my previous posts being that each week will follow a different theme. For those of you who are interested but haven’t seen a Face-Off post before, here’s how it goes:
Each week I select a book and make a comparison between the UK and the US covers, displaying the artwork (in all its awesome glory) before selecting one of the two or more covers as the ultimate winner of my Face-Off.
Simple! The following is a rough guide to how this meme will work:
- Each week will follow a theme and will vary from the quite loose to the more specific
- The Friday Face-Off feature page will be kept up to date for the theme of the week and those several weeks following it
- For the purposes of comparing a good variety of cover art only one of the two or more book covers chosen for comparison need relate to the theme (although if you can find two then great!)
- The books most certainly don’t have to be the UK or US editions – they’re just the covers I’m usually most familiar with and consequently post more often – so post whichever covers catch your eye!
- Still unsure? – Take a look at some past posts!
- To sign up just add your linky to the bottom of that Friday’s post and link back!
| The List |
A cover which is predominantly blue
A cover which features a witch and/or witchcraft
27th May | Renewed Shall be Blade That Was Broken
03rd June | In The Beginning There Was Nothing, Which Exploded
A cover which features an explosion
10th June | All That Is Gold Does Not Glitter
A cover which features gold
17th June | Better a Witty Fool than a Foolish Wit
A cover which features a fool or jester
24th June | Armed to the Teeth
1st July | Freebie Friday!
I’m a slacker therefore: A cover of your choice!
8th July | A Land of Milk and Honey
A cover which features an idealised land
15th July | Lady in Red
A cover which features a female character in red
22nd July | Still round the corner there may wait, A new road or a secret gate
A cover which features a gate or gates
29th July | Shrouded in black, in morals I do lack
A cover featuring a character wearing a hood or cowl.
| Past Posts – By Month |
| Past Posts – Author A – Z |